"Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci" in New York
Roberto Alagna takes on the leading tenor roles in both parts of opera’s most popular double bill. See Cavalleria Rusticana at The Metropolitan Opera House with exclusive pricing for seats located in the Orchestra section on select performance dates January 13-February 1. This package also includes one $25 STK - Midtown Dining Credit per purchase. Click "BUY NOW" for performance dates and times.
In Cavalleria Rusticana, Ekaterina Semenchuk and Eva-Maria Westbroek share the role of the woebegone Santuzza, with Aleksandra Kurzak as the hot-blooded Nedda in Pagliacci. Nicola Luisotti conducts Sir David McVicar’s production, which heightens the melo-dramaticaction of this timeless verismo pairing.
Two tales of passion, jealousy, and death set in southern Italy, Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci have been all but inseparable on the opera stages of the world since the Met first presented them as a double bill in 1893. The overwhelming success of Cavalleria was crucial in launching the verismo movement, inspiring other composers (including Leoncavallo) to turn to stories and characters from real life, and often from society’s grungier elements.
The setting of Cavalleria Rusticana in a Sicilian village is not merely picturesque. The village is, in a sense, a character in the opera—a crude place, untouched by modernity, close to nature’s cycles of life and death and the primitive human rituals associated with them. Pagliacci is originally set in Calabria, the Italian mainland region closest to Sicily. In the Met’s production, the action takes place in the same village across two generations, with Cavalleria set in 1900 and Pagliacci set in 1949.
Sung in Italian with Met Titles in English, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Event tickets will be set up for will call and held at the theatre box office. Valid Photo ID must be presented when picking up tickets. Tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to performance start time.
- Seats will be assigned at the discretion of the show/box office within the selected section of the theatre.
- Seats are guaranteed to be together when in the same purchase. Seats assigned in rows in front or behind the same seats are considered together, but almost all seats are side by side including all pairs.
- Offer is non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previously purchased tickets.
- Price displayed utilizes all in pricing including processing fees, facility fees, applicable taxes, applicable shipping fee and package items. Price on ticket may not reflect all additional fees and items.
- No cash value or cash back. This is a date-specific event. Not valid after show date. All sales final.
STK - MIDTOWN DINING CREDIT:
- $25 STK Dining Credit valid only at the participating STK New York City - Midtown restaurant location (1114 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036). For more information visit http://togrp.com/restaurant/stk-new-york-city-midtown/
- Advanced dining reservations must be made to use Dining Credit. Instructions included in order confirmation email
- $25 STK Dining Credit code will be included in your order confirmation email immediately following your purchase
- Must present confirmation email or Dining Credit code at time of use
- One time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Has no cash value
The Metropolitan Opera House – Lincoln Center
10 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY, 10023