"Lucia di Lammermoor" in New York
The character of Lucia has become an icon in opera and beyond, an archetype of the constrained woman asserting herself in society. See Lucia di Lammermoor at The Metropolitan Opera House with exclusive pricing for seats located in the Orchestra section on select performance dates March 22 - May 10. This package also includes one $25 STK - Midtown Dining Credit per purchase. Click "GET TICKETS" for performance dates and times.
The role of the fragile title heroine who teeters between love and madness is shared by sopranos Olga Peretyatko-Mariotti and Pretty Yende, who have each impressed audiences with dazzling bel canto portrayals at the Met. Vittorio Grigolo and Michael Fabiano share the role of her lover in this chilling production by Tony Award-winning director Mary Zimmerman.
Lucia reappears as a touchstone for such diverse later characters as Flaubert’s adulterous Madame Bovary and the repressed Englishmen in the novels of E. M. Forster. The insanity that overtakes and destroys Lucia, depicted in opera’s most celebrated mad scene, has especially captured the public imagination. Donizetti’s handling of this fragile woman’s state of mind remains seductively beautiful, thoroughly compelling, and deeply disturbing.
The tale is set in Scotland, which, to artists of the Romantic era, signified a wild landscape on the fringe of Europe, with a culture burdened by a French-derived code of chivalry and an ancient tribal system. Civil war and tribal strife are recurring features of Scottish history, creating a background of fragmentation reflected in both Lucia’s family situation and her own fragile psyche. The design of the Met’s production by Mary Zimmerman suggests a 19th-century setting, and some of its visual elements are inspired by actual places in Scotland.
Sung in Italian with Met Titles in English, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Event tickets will be set up for will call and held at the theatre box office. Valid Photo ID must be presented when picking up tickets. Tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to performance start time.
- Seats will be assigned at the discretion of the show/box office within the selected section of the theatre.
- Seats are guaranteed to be together when in the same purchase. Seats assigned in rows in front or behind the same seats are considered together, but almost all seats are side by side including all pairs.
- Offer is non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previously purchased tickets.
- Price displayed utilizes all in pricing including processing fees, facility fees, applicable taxes, applicable shipping fee and package items. Price on ticket may not reflect all additional fees and items.
- No cash value or cash back. This is a date-specific event. Not valid after show date. All sales final.
STK - MIDTOWN DINING CREDIT:
- $25 STK Dining Credit valid only at the participating STK New York City - Midtown restaurant location (1114 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036). For more information visit http://togrp.com/restaurant/stk-new-york-city-midtown/
- Advanced dining reservations must be made to use Dining Credit. Instructions included in order confirmation email
- $25 STK Dining Credit code will be included in your order confirmation email immediately following your purchase
- Must present confirmation email or Dining Credit code at time of use
- One time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Has no cash value
The Metropolitan Opera House – Lincoln Center
10 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY, 10023