"Così fan tutte" in New York
A winning cast comes together for Phelim McDermott’s clever vision of Mozart’s comedy about the sexes, set in a carnival-esque, funhouse environment inspired by 1950s Coney Island—complete with bearded ladies, fire eaters, and a Ferris wheel. See Così fan tutte at The Metropolitan Opera House with exclusive pricing for seats located in the Orchestra section on select performance dates March 15 - April 19. This package also includes one $25 STK - Midtown Dining Credit per purchase. Click "GET TICKETS" for performance dates and times.
Manipulating the action are the Don Alfonso of Christopher Maltman and the Despina of Tony Award®–winner Kelli O’Hara, with Amanda Majeski, Serena Malfi, Ben Bliss, and Adam Plachetka as the pairs of young lovers who test each other’s faithfulness.
The third and final collaboration between Mozart and librettist Lorenzo Da Ponte is a fascinating paradox: a frothy comedy of manners with an intensely dark take on human nature; an old story with a startlingly modern tone; and a beautiful score depicting questionable behavior. Così fan tutte was only moderately successful at its premiere and remained just outside the standard repertoire for more than a century. Così still poses unique challenges, and correspondingly unique rewards, for the public today. Every possible impression of love—from the loftiest to the basest—is explored in this extraordinary opera.
Sung in Italian with Met Titles in English, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Event tickets will be set up for will call and held at the theatre box office. Valid Photo ID must be presented when picking up tickets. Tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to performance start time.
- Seats will be assigned at the discretion of the show/box office within the selected section of the theatre.
- Seats are guaranteed to be together when in the same purchase. Seats assigned in rows in front or behind the same seats are considered together, but almost all seats are side by side including all pairs.
- Offer is non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previously purchased tickets.
- Price displayed utilizes all in pricing including processing fees, facility fees, applicable taxes, applicable shipping fee and package items. Price on ticket may not reflect all additional fees and items.
- No cash value or cash back. This is a date-specific event. Not valid after show date. All sales final.
STK - MIDTOWN DINING CREDIT:
- $25 STK Dining Credit valid only at the participating STK New York City - Midtown restaurant location (1114 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036). For more information visit http://togrp.com/restaurant/stk-new-york-city-midtown/
- Advanced dining reservations must be made to use Dining Credit. Instructions included in order confirmation email
- $25 STK Dining Credit code will be included in your order confirmation email immediately following your purchase
- Must present confirmation email or Dining Credit code at time of use
- One time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Has no cash value
The Metropolitan Opera House – Lincoln Center
10 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY, 10023